Posts from the Performance Category
Choose another category?
The Nothing Exists Radio Hour S3E21: Jessica Weaver (Shaebee Baby clothing, natural dyes, being a working mom)
Check out my conversation with Jessica Weaver!
We talk about her business, Shaebee Baby clothing, natural dyes, being a working mom, and more!
We talk about:
– Writing poetry, plays, and more
– The idea of “home” and “place”
– Being Cobourg’s Poet Laureate
– Poetry Present (submit your poem here!)
– How writing keeps Jessica well
Featured Tunes by:
The Nothing Exists Radio Hour S3E19: Ashley Bouman (Cobourg Queer Collective, Cobourg Pride, Defunding the police)
Check out my conversation with Ashley Bouman!
We talk about:
– her professional journey
– her community activism
– Cobourg Queer Collective
– Northumberland Queeries and grassroots, queer, feminist journalism
– intersectional feminism and queerness
– defunding the police and how they should be involved in Cobourg Pride
Boyfriend by Tegan and Sara
I’m a Transvest-lite by NOFX
Community by Bad Cop / Bad Cop
Sing with Me by Bad Cop / Bad Cop
Check out my interview with Jacqueline Pennington!
We talk about:
– Her experience with learning her son’s true gender
– Expectations we have about our child’s gender starting in pregnancy
– What transitioning can look like with children
– Political misconceptions and barriers within our local healthcare community regarding transgender children
– Navigating consent and advocacy work with her son
and tons more.
Paper Thin by RVIVR
Pretty Girls (The Mover) by Against Me!
We Belong by The Hextalls
Freedom by Beyonce ft. Kendrick Lamar
In this episode, I share some poetry, quotes, an essay, and a playlist of material created by Black artists.
The Nothing Exists Radio Hour stands with Black Lives Matter. These are some resources to assist in learning more about actively practicing anti-racism in our lives.
Somewhere to Start
Guide to Allyship
White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack
“Dear White People, This Is What we Want You To Do”
“Showing Up For Racial Justice: Five Ways White people Can Take Action in Response to White and State-Sanctioned Violence”
75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice
Information for Parents
“George Floyd’s mother was not there, but he used her as a sacred invocation” An essay by Lonnae O’Neal
The Black Mamas Matter Alliance
30 Books to Help You Talk to Your Kids about Racism
Where to Find Diverse Kids Books
Your Kids Aren’t Too Young to Talk About Race: Resource Roundup
Information for Theatre People
“We See You, White American Theatre”
Off-Broadway’s Response to Black Lives Matter
Information for Cannabis Users
Race and Drug War
“Here’s How to Start Fixing Racism in Cannabis Dispensaries”
Information for Community-Builders
Racial Equity Tools: Community Builders (Resource list)
Anti-Racism and Anti-Discrimination for Municipalities: Introductory Manual
Anti-Racist Organizational Change: Resources and Tools for Nonprofits
“Defunding the Police Will Save Black and Indigenous Lives in Canada” by Sandy Hudson (Co-founder of Black Lives Matter Toronto)
This episode contains material from:
Mary Helen Kennerly
Angela Y. Davis
Big thanks and much love to Elyse, Julien, and Maya Comire for their beautiful voices!
Check out my conversation with Trev Jones!
We talk about:
– How Trev got into cannabis and how it benefits him
– His journey in the cannabis industry
– Some of Trev’s opinions on legalization and the way “legal” cannabis looks so far
– Rick Simpson Oil aka RSO aka Phoenix Tears
– Trev’s new Facebook Live show on Kelly’s Green Lounge
– The intersection between Buddhism and cannabis in Trev’s life
Purple Haze by The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Hollow Sounds by Dan Andriano in the Emergency Room
What it Takes by Choclaire and Jully Black
Three Little Birds by Bob Marley and The Wailers
The Nothing Exists Radio Hour S3E15: Postpartum in a Pandemic (with Kirsten Betteridge and Courtney Boyce)
Photo by Jeanneatte Breward.
We talk all about our postpartum experiences during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
End of the World by Great Big Sea
Across the Night by Silverchair (Rockabye Baby version)
The Nothing Exists Radio Hour S3E14: Pregnancy in a Pandemic (with Meghan Sheffield and Lyndsay Caine)
Check out my conversation with Meghan Sheffield and Lyndsay Caine.
The Nothing Exists Radio Hour S3E13: Gareth Vieira & Elizabeth Edwards (The Library of Unpublished Manuscripts)
“The Library of Unpublished Manuscripts is a local, non-profit community group designed to engage local writers and provide an opportunity for beginner, intermediate and advanced individuals to develop their writing skills and share their unpublished work.”