Check out my conversation with Robert Washburn!
We talk about:
– What brought Rob to Northumberland County
– How he got interested in journalism
– His academic work on the future of online journalism
– What it’s like practicing journalism in Northumberland county
– Approaching topics with integrity as a journalist
– A bit about the opiate epidemic and the petition going around regarding concerns about Transition House
– How Rob’s work keeps him well
Featured Tunes by:
Check out my conversation with Joshua Noiseux!
We talk all about Josh’s work in academia and the feels we feel when it comes to climate change.
Resources from Josh:
The Poison Pill (for me at least):
Mourning Nature: Hope at the Heart of Ecological Loss and Grief
Learning to Die in the Anthropocene: Reflections on the End of a Civilization
Active Hope: How to face the mess we’re in without going crazy
Time to Build by Beastie Boys
Glass City by War on Women
Voice of Strength by Ecostrike
Cop Just Out of Frame by Propagandhi
Check out my interview with Smokii Sumac!
We talk about:
– His book, “You Are Enough: Love Poems for the End of the World”
– His work on his Ph.D in Indigenous Studies
– The way he uses social media
– Lots of reading recommendations!
Smokii’s Reading List (in the order discussed on this episode!)
1. Indigenous Voices Awards Finalists
2. “Letter to an Emerging Indigenous Writer” by Daniel Heath Justice (Cherokee)
3. My Body is a Book of Rules by Elissa Washuta (Cowlitz)
4. Anything and Everything by Richard Van Camp (Tłı̨chǫ) including his latest Moccasin Square Gardens
5. the Marrow Thieves Cherie Dimaline (Métis)
6. Indian Love Poems by Tenille Campbell (Dene/Métis)
True Trans Soul Rebel by Against Me!
Atmomsphere by Miesha and the Spanks
Night Cruise by The Lonely Parade
Loon Song by Tara Williamson