Check out my interview with Shayne Traviss!
We talk about:
– What it means to live a radically authentic life
– The trauma-based patterns that keep us stuck in suffering
– Grief and how to live through it
and so much more!
Get his book, “Your Vivid Life: An Invitation to Live a Radically Authentic Life” here!
Follow him on IG @shaynetraviss and @YourVividLife
Check out his website for informatio on all the cool work he does here: http://vividlife.me/ultimate/
2nd Date by The Unlovables
Hollow Sounds by Dan Andriano in the Emergency Room
One Great City! by The Weakerthans
Anna’s Song by Teenage Bottlerocket
Check out my interview with Maureen Pollard!
Maureen has worked in the field of social work since 1991. In private practice since 2011, Maureen is a specialist in traumatic bereavement, helping individuals, families and groups navigate life after losses, including pregnancy and infant loss, child death, suicide loss, homicide loss and sudden or accidental death. Maureen is a certified Compassionate Bereavement Care provider, and she is trained in RTS Bereavement Care (Resolve Through Sharing). In June 2019, she published The Twentieth Year: A Memoir of Miscarriage, a book that tells the story of her journey through multiple miscarriages to parenthood, and how her personal grief experiences influences her work.
Social work website: maureenpollardmsw.com
Author website: maureenmwrites.com
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MaureenPollardMSW/
Twitter and Instagram handle: @rhythmsinlife
We talk about:
- What inspired her to get into social work and specialize in the things she does
- What kind of training she draws from in her professional practice
- Her book, “The Twentieth Year: Memoirs of Miscarriage”
- The process of writing and publishing her book
- Being public about recurrent miscarriage and early pregnancy
- Pregnancy after recurrent miscarriage
- Grief and peoples’ reactions to it
- How to maintain professional boundaries as someone working with people who have also experienced recurrent pregnancy loss (and other types of traumatic loss)
- What Maureen wants people to know about recurrent pregnancy loss
- What Maureen wants youth and parents of youth to know about mental health and suicide
- How Maureen’s work has contributed to her being well
Featured Music by:
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE HERE!