Click here to listen to the podcast!
Check out my interview with Meghan Sheffield! We chat about:
– Her favourite thing about living in Northumberland county
– Meghan’s published writing and what she’s currently working on
– Meghan’s experience with freelance work
– Meghan’s advice to other writers
– Her writing process
– A bit about Montessori and the role it plays in her life
– All about what we can expect at Cultivate this year
– Our standout Cultivate memories
– Why we initiated Take Back the Night: Port Hope, how the amazing committee came together, and the details of this year’s event!
– Meghan’s favourite bird
I am Aglow by Sarah Harmer
Next Year by Donovan Woods
I See Gold by Good Lovelies
O.O.T.G. by JB the First Lady
June 29 LIVE on Northumberland 89.7 FM Small Town Radio!
LISTEN HERE for the podcast version.
My guests, Julian Warme and Maury Core (with a special appearance from Mike Grove(s)(er)!) of Avem and I discuss things like:
- Why Avem Started
- Who Avem is
- What birdcore is
- Their songwriting process while living across the country from one another
- The process of recording their new EP
- The inspiration for their songs
- Why birds are so darn cool
- What we can learn from birds
- Being yourself even if you were hatched from a rotten egg
- The good ol’ days of Northumberland County Early 2000s Punk
- What kind of show-goers we each are
- Julian and Maury’s favourite birds