Check out my conversation with Jeff Bray!
We talk about:
Jeff’s history in the food industry and what he loves about it
What brought Jeff back to Northumberland County and why he’s chosen this place to grow his family
Cultivate festival– how it started, why it started, how it’s growing, and what to expect this year and more!
BUY YOUR CULTIVATE TICKETS HERE!
Check out my interview with
Nicole Beatty! We chat about:
Nicole‘s favourite things about living in Northumberland County About Nicole’s
career in community development and resource development management What lead Nicole to run for council
Nicole’s experience with being a young women running for town council
Nicole’s vision for economic development in Cobourg
Nicole’s vision for culture and tourism in Cobourg
Nicole’s vision for sustainability in Cobourg (including the inflatable floating playground at Cobourg Beach)
Nicole’s vision for affordable housing
Nicole’s vision for engaging youth in the community (including all-ages show venues and a youth advisory council)
Nicole’s advocacy work
What community looks like to her
Nicole’s favourite Cultivate moment ever
Cannabis legalization, the role of municipal government in managing it, and looking to Indigenous communities to learn from them.
What song Nicole is learning on uke
Local Organizations Nicole is Associated With:
Born to Love You by Ellen Torrie (Click her name to check out her rad new website!)
I’ll Wait by Sweet Alibi
Burn the Rapists, Not the Witches by Backyard Riot (From their brand new, locally written and recorded EP!)
Bro Hymn by Pennywise
Click here to listen to the podcast!
my interview with Meghan Sheffield! We chat about:
– Her favourite thing about living in Northumberland county
– Meghan’s published writing and what she’s currently working on
– Meghan’s experience with freelance work
– Meghan’s advice to other writers
– Her writing process
– A bit about Montessori and the role it plays in her life
– All about what we can expect at Cultivate this year
– Our standout Cultivate memories
– Why we initiated Take Back the Night: Port Hope, how the amazing committee came together, and the details of this year’s event!
– Meghan’s favourite bird
I am Aglow by
Next Year by Donovan Woods
I See Gold by Good Lovelies
O.O.T.G. by JB the First Lady