Check out my conversation with Kat Mokus!
We talk about:
- 2spirit and nonbinary gender identities
- Kat’s creative work, including their zines, through Disabled Femme
- The intersection between mental health and physical disability
- Why access to cannabis is important
- Gender-neutral pronouns
- Keyboard activism
- Kat’s new project, Accessible Resiliency
- Various types of therapy and our favourite coping strategiesFeatured Tunes:Corn Dog Sonnet No.7 by Sincere Engineer
Rotten Egg by Avem
Grow Up/Stay Young by The Anti-Queens
Realness by RuPaul
instagram: mx.kat, accessibleresiliency
Kat in Broken Pencil
Check out my interview with Gareth Vieira!
- Gareth’s favourite things about Port Hope (and what brought him here)
- All about Gareth’s writing
- The story behind Gareth’s book store
- About Dispatches From a Small Town
- His experiences with Port Hope Now
- His experiences with Short Order Poetry
- Living with Crohn’s Disease
- How writing keeps Gareth well
Skates by Hayden
Valentine by Fiona Apple
Samson by Regina Spektor
Sun in an Empty Room by The Weakerthans
The sky turned grey the day after
To match my head the day after
I lay on the table and
allowed myself to be at the mercy of
doctors and this body
The one that just seems to
Keep failing me
When all I want is to
do this thing I feel called to do
Felt grey the day after
Cervix still open
Another lifeless love
Lifted from my body.
Listen to the podcast here!
Check out this special episode where I talk about what Meniere’s Disease is, how I was diagnosed, my experience living with it, and the treatment strategies I use to manage the symptoms. If you’re curious to know more about what it’s like living with a disease that causes vertigo, ear pressure, hearing loss, and tinnitus, this is the episode for you.
If you have other questions about this disease or the other chronic illnesses I live with, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to me on Facebook and I am happy to respond, no matter how personal!
Listening by The Used
Verranzo by The Unlovables
Run in Circles by Face to Face
No Shadow by Ryan Adams
do-it-yourself cannasex. paper, tape, and electrical tape on paper.