Check out my conversation with Jeff Bray!
We talk about:
- Jeff’s history in the food industry and what he loves about it
- What brought Jeff back to Northumberland County and why he’s chosen this place to grow his family
- Cultivate festival– how it started, why it started, how it’s growing, and what to expect this year
- and more!
BUY YOUR CULTIVATE TICKETS HERE!
Check out my conversation with David Newland (deemed “quality radio” by closet radio producer, Meghan Sheffield)!
We talk about:
- His new album, Northbound
- His work with Adventure Canada
- Making Northumberland County home
- Reconsidering the way we, as settlers, approach truth and reconciliation
Don’t miss David’s upcoming show in Cobourg!! Click here for details!
Featured Tunes by:
Celebrate one year of nothing exists by listening to this special episode featuring a live audience!
Featuring the top 10 things I have learned from Nothing Exists and updates from two fan-favourite episodes!
10 Things I’ve Learned from One Year of Nothing Exists:
10. People rarely listen to what you say (the first time). They hear their own beliefs that they project on to what you say.
9. Everyone has their own weird speech pattern.
8. Everyone has a story, a reason, a perspective behind their reactions.
7. My perspective of myself in a conversation always changes when I listen back to it after.
6. Technology is HARD and it’s been a great practice in asking for help to be able to learn this skill.
5. There’s a lot of value in having a creative outlet while going through hard stuff.
4. The people who start off believing they have nothing interesting to say are usually the ones who give the best interviews.
3. People (especially men) are really intimidated by strong, intelligent women and pushback is part of the gig.
2. Everyone requires a different style of interviewing and everyone reacts differently to content throughout. Every human experience is 100% individual.
1. Sometimes, you just have to go where the story is.
The updates are from:
The poem performed at Imaginate and the interview after was with:
The Live In-Studio Audience is:
Parade by My Son the Hurricane
Least Resistant by Lee Resistant & The Lost
Talking to Them by Sorrey
Legalized It! by Port Hope Reggae Patrol
Check out my interview with Saskia and Dana of Northumberland Parents Empowering Parents!
We talk all about youth mental health and this new group for parents to talk about how to approach youth mental health from a parenting perspective. Part way through the interview, we’re also joined by Dana’s daughter, Kira, who shares some insight about being a teenager in Northumberland County right now- and she plays a song live, in studio!
Matt’s Song by The Soviettes
10 000 Miles by Clan Hannigan
Angela (Lumineers cover) by The Hannigan Sisters
Eyes Closed (Halsey cover) by Kira Gelineau
Check out my interview with Wayne Kennedy here!
Wayne and I sit down (with no notes or prep!) for a solid follow up to our first conversation a few months ago, which you can find here.
We talk about:
- Wayne’s cool new gig at Long & McQuade
- Recording his recent live album
- What’s happening with his new solo album
- Joining Avem
- Surviving suicide attempts and living on the bipolar spectrum
We get really honest about the mental health stuff. This conversation is about as real as it gets. If you need crisis support, please phone Four County Crisis at 705-745-6484 or toll-free 1-866-995-9933.
Grow Up Stay Young by The Anti-Queens
Of Flesh & Blood by Jenn Fiorentino
Shut Up, I’m Trying to Sleep (LIVE!) by Wayne Kennedy
…And the Hits Keep Coming by Old Wives
(In the spirit of Wayne, keepin’ it 100% CanCon and 75% local!)
Listen to the Podcast (recorded at Rotilicious) HERE!
Check out our conversation where Brett and I chat about:
– How Brett got into music
– How music keeps him well
– The details on Brett’s long time band, This! is a Crisis (and some updates on his other bands too!)
– Promoting DIY shows
– DIY punk communities
– Why we love punk rock (and how we first got into it)
– How music keeps Brett well
– Medical cannabis use and how it’s beneficial
– Some comments on the new cannabis legislation
– Which strains of cannabis we find most beneficial for managing our symptoms
Nothing Is Fair in Love and War by Dead and Divine
It All Comes Down to You by This! Is a Crisis
High Cholesterol by Keep Flying
A Message To You Rudy by The Specials