Check out my interview with Nickola!
We talk about:
– Nickola’s background in art and process of becoming a professional tattooer
– How being passionate about gender equality influences her professional creative work
– Why Nickola loves the medium of tattoo
– Project New Moon (how and why it started and how to get involved)
– Nickola’s tattoo healing tips and a bit about what she wants her clients to know
DONATE TO PROJECT NEW MOON HERE!
Featured Tunes by:
Celebrate one year of nothing exists by listening to this special episode featuring a live audience!
Featuring the top 10 things I have learned from Nothing Exists and updates from two fan-favourite episodes!
10 Things I’ve Learned from One Year of Nothing Exists:
10. People rarely listen to what you say (the first time). They hear their own beliefs that they project on to what you say.
9. Everyone has their own weird speech pattern.
8. Everyone has a story, a reason, a perspective behind their reactions.
7. My perspective of myself in a conversation always changes when I listen back to it after.
6. Technology is HARD and it’s been a great practice in asking for help to be able to learn this skill.
5. There’s a lot of value in having a creative outlet while going through hard stuff.
4. The people who start off believing they have nothing interesting to say are usually the ones who give the best interviews.
3. People (especially men) are really intimidated by strong, intelligent women and pushback is part of the gig.
2. Everyone requires a different style of interviewing and everyone reacts differently to content throughout. Every human experience is 100% individual.
1. Sometimes, you just have to go where the story is.
The updates are from:
The poem performed at Imaginate and the interview after was with:
The Live In-Studio Audience is:
Parade by My Son the Hurricane
Least Resistant by Lee Resistant & The Lost
Talking to Them by Sorrey
Legalized It! by Port Hope Reggae Patrol
Check out my conversation with David Piccini, our MPP here in Northumberland.
We chat about what he loves about Northumberland, some of the policy he’s feeling excited about, and I communicate a few concerns I’ve heard about Conservative policy, which David gives his perspective on.
If you want to reach out to David, which I highly recommend doing (he’s super approachable and *BONUS* has a very cute dog who hangs out with him at his office), you can find his contact info here!
Failed Imagineer- Propagandhi
Dark Matters- Propagandhi
Capture the Flag- War on Women
I Never Knew- Teenage Bottlerocket
Check out my interview with Maggie Robbins here!
We talk about:
- Radical inclusion and empowering families
- The Village Hearth Northumberland
- Living with cancer
- Navigating the healthcare system as a survivor of sexual violence
- Gynaecology and rape culture
- Parenting through trauma
Littlest Birds by The Be Good Tanyas
Rainy Saturday by Hayden
Orion Town 2 by Frontier Ruckus
I Feel It All by Feist
Check out my interview with Maria Papioannoy-Duic here!
We chat about:
– Maria’s business, Ecig Flavourium
– Relocating to Northumberland County
– Getting into the vape industry
– Being a woman in business
– Harm reduction and vaping as a harm reduction strategy
– Some of the misconceptions about vaping and the vape industry
– The current state of the vape industry
– Similarities between the vape industry and the cannabis industry
– Maria’s hopes for the future of the vape industry
Phasers Set to Thrill by Black Cat Attack
St. Andrews Hall by Nothington
November Hurricane by Jenn Fiorentino
No Words by Tragedy
Check out my interview with Collin Whitehouse here!
We talk about:
– The Northumberland 89.7 radiothon
– How (and why) to donate to Northumberland 89.7
– How Collin forced me into starting my show
– Collin’s role with the station
– How he first got involved in radio
– Collin’s show, Deconstructing X
– Collin’s super cool son, Liam, and his future in radio
– Running social media
– Why Collin’s goals for the station are (sneak peak- increasing diversity is a big one)
– What CanCon is and why it matters
– How people can involved with volunteering at Northumberland 89.7
Fatlip by Sum 41
Strength to Endure by The 3856 (from the Ramones cover album, Leaving Home: A Norwegian Tribute to The Ramones)
Rocks and Trees by Arrogant Worms
Get Loose by The Salads
Check out my interview with the surreal Jeannette Breward!
We’re gonna talk about:
– incorporating environmentalism and feminism into her work
– Using her body in her work intentionally
– The influence of surrealism on her work
– the inspiration for her surrealist still photographs
– Jeannette’s creative process
– Jeannette’s favourite things about Northumberland County
– All about her film “60 Seasons”
– How creating keeps her well
– What you can expect next from Jeannette- INCLUDING a super cool collaborative film project she and I are working on together! Listen to us brainstorm and discuss what we’ve been thinking about regarding this project. Basically, WITNESS OUR PROCESS!
Suddenly by Sweet Alibi
Into the Dark by Good Lovelies
Mary by Kate Boothman
Birthday Cake by My Son the Hurricane