Celebrate one year of nothing exists by listening to this special episode featuring a live audience!
Featuring the top 10 things I have learned from Nothing Exists and updates from two fan-favourite episodes!
10 Things I’ve Learned from One Year of Nothing Exists:
10. People rarely listen to what you say (the first time). They hear their own beliefs that they project on to what you say.
9. Everyone has their own weird speech pattern.
8. Everyone has a story, a reason, a perspective behind their reactions.
7. My perspective of myself in a conversation always changes when I listen back to it after.
6. Technology is HARD and it’s been a great practice in asking for help to be able to learn this skill.
5. There’s a lot of value in having a creative outlet while going through hard stuff.
4. The people who start off believing they have nothing interesting to say are usually the ones who give the best interviews.
3. People (especially men) are really intimidated by strong, intelligent women and pushback is part of the gig.
2. Everyone requires a different style of interviewing and everyone reacts differently to content throughout. Every human experience is 100% individual.
1. Sometimes, you just have to go where the story is.
The updates are from:
The poem performed at Imaginate and the interview after was with:
The Live In-Studio Audience is:
Parade by My Son the Hurricane
Least Resistant by Lee Resistant & The Lost
Talking to Them by Sorrey
Legalized It! by Port Hope Reggae Patrol
Check out my conversation with David Piccini, our MPP here in Northumberland.
We chat about what he loves about Northumberland, some of the policy he’s feeling excited about, and I communicate a few concerns I’ve heard about Conservative policy, which David gives his perspective on.
If you want to reach out to David, which I highly recommend doing (he’s super approachable and *BONUS* has a very cute dog who hangs out with him at his office), you can find his contact info here!
Failed Imagineer- Propagandhi
Dark Matters- Propagandhi
Capture the Flag- War on Women
I Never Knew- Teenage Bottlerocket
Check out my interview with Jade Calvert!
Hear me chat with Jade Calver about her work in the Canadian immigration field and being a young female entrepreneur! We also chat about:
– Working in Canadian immigration in a rural context
– Some of the challenges people face when they’re trying to immigrate to Canada
– What changes Jade would like to see in policy
– Why immigration is important
– How Jade’s work keeps her well
Take It All Off by Alyson McNamera
Exiles Among You by The Weakerthans
Nowhere We Cannot Go by Hayden
Didn’t You Know by Rowan Spencer
3 live podcasts and a delicious waffle at Ganarascals…
Watch an episode of Rage Quit, a nerd podcast with Collin Whitehouse, Liam Whitehouse, and Daniel Courtney!
Get some info on local businesses and their owners with a live episode of Business Insights with John Racine!
And be part of Lyss England’s interview with Caitlin O’Sullivan, one of the owners of Ganarascals, on a live episode of The Nothing Exists Radio Hour!
All podcasts will be recorded live to be aired late on Northumberland 89.7, so be a part of the recorded show and select a tasty waffle off a menu of epicness.
Reserve your tickets at Ganarascals for this super fun event, emceed by Hailiah Knight, happening February 15! $25/ticket.
FB Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/288929641822711/
Check out my interview with Maggie Robbins here!
We talk about:
- Radical inclusion and empowering families
- The Village Hearth Northumberland
- Living with cancer
- Navigating the healthcare system as a survivor of sexual violence
- Gynaecology and rape culture
- Parenting through trauma
Littlest Birds by The Be Good Tanyas
Rainy Saturday by Hayden
Orion Town 2 by Frontier Ruckus
I Feel It All by Feist
Check out my interview with Jim Swale here!
We talk about:
– Jim’s new shop in Port Hope, Stately Raven Studio
– Art, tattooing, and some of Jim’s most interesting tattoo stories
– The most common reason why people get tattoos- Jim’s advice for healing tattoos
– What it’s like to be tattooed at Stately Raven
– Jim’s favourite style to tattoo and his favourite piece he’s done yet
– How tattooing keeps Jim well
Our Town by Hill & Landing
n o i s e by Lungless
Dun Dun by Gunt
Letting Go by Say Ritual
Check out my interview with Maria Papioannoy-Duic here!
We chat about:
– Maria’s business, Ecig Flavourium
– Relocating to Northumberland County
– Getting into the vape industry
– Being a woman in business
– Harm reduction and vaping as a harm reduction strategy
– Some of the misconceptions about vaping and the vape industry
– The current state of the vape industry
– Similarities between the vape industry and the cannabis industry
– Maria’s hopes for the future of the vape industry
Phasers Set to Thrill by Black Cat Attack
St. Andrews Hall by Nothington
November Hurricane by Jenn Fiorentino
No Words by Tragedy