Posts tagged music
Check out my conversation with Adilson Jacobs!
We talk about WWOOFING at Fifth Wind Farm, picking up guitar and developing songwriting and recording skills during his travels, and all the unreal experiences that have got him where he is.
I’m also proud to announce that we’ll be playing a recording of one of Adilson’s original songs for the very first time!
Don’t miss it, this guy has quite the story.
We talk about:
- His new album, Northbound
- His work with Adventure Canada
- Making Northumberland County home
- Reconsidering the way we, as settlers, approach truth and reconciliation
We talk about:
– How Jeff got into tattooing
– His dos and don’t of booking and receiving a tattoo
– How and why he started his own shop
– Why he loves tattoo as a medium
– His advice on aftercare
– An update on Gunt and how playing in that band keeps him well
The Nothing Exists Radio Hour Ep. 57: 172 Simcoe St. (New live music venue and bar in Peterborough!)
We talk all about their new venue (and their opening this Saturday!), the local live music scenes, their band, Bonnavilles, their major beef with another local band (get your hot scoop here…;)), what community means and how punk rock contributes to building community, and lots more!
The Nothing Exists Radio Hour Ep. #54: Dana and Saskia of Northumberland Parents Empowering Parents (youth mental health)
We talk all about youth mental health and this new group for parents to talk about how to approach youth mental health from a parenting perspective. Part way through the interview, we’re also joined by Dana’s daughter, Kira, who shares some insight about being a teenager in Northumberland County right now- and she plays a song live, in studio!
Matt’s Song by The Soviettes
10 000 Miles by Clan Hannigan
Angela (Lumineers cover) by The Hannigan Sisters
Eyes Closed (Halsey cover) by Kira Gelineau