Check out my conversation with Sarah Litt!
We talk about:
– Sarah’s career as an agent in the music industry (and her path to get there)
– Being a woman in the punk scene
– Putting on all-ages punk shows in Northumberland County back in the day and her advice to people trying to do that now
– Living with and learning to manage Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
– How the work Sarah does keeps her well!
Featured Tunes by:
Check out my conversation with Adilson Jacobs!
We talk about WWOOFING at Fifth Wind Farm, picking up guitar and developing songwriting and recording skills during his travels, and all the unreal experiences that have got him where he is.
I’m also proud to announce that we’ll be playing a recording of one of Adilson’s original songs for the very first time!
Don’t miss it, this guy has quite the story.
wish you were gay by Billie Eilish
Lip Service by Natalie Sweet
Hope by Adilson
Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode
Check out my conversation (with beautiful co-host, Natalie!) with Chase and Brett of 172 Simcoe St. in Peterborough!
We talk all about their new venue (and their opening this Saturday!), the local live music scenes, their band, Bonnavilles, their major beef with another local band (get your hot scoop here…;)), what community means and how punk rock contributes to building community, and lots more!
Quit Your Job by Chixdiggit!
Short Attention by Fizzy Bangers
Cleaver, Maddening, Annoying by Short Attention
Better Part by Bonnavilles
Check out the Podcast HERE!
Check out my conversation with Sam and Kathy about:
– Sam’s music career
– What Sam’s working on these days
– Taking care of one another at shows
– Why parents should support their kids in participating in local music and playing shows
– How music keeps Sam well
– The value of investing in recording your own music
– The local all-ages music scene
– The problems Sam and his friends have run into trying to book shows in Cobourg
– We do some world-building around the need for all-ages music venues
The Depths by Cleopatrick
Transparency by Catch-22
Closer by Cale Crowe
Photograph by Sam and Alicia
Listen to the Podcast (recorded at Rotilicious) HERE!
Check out our conversation where Brett and I chat about:
– How Brett got into music
– How music keeps him well
– The details on Brett’s long time band, This! is a Crisis (and some updates on his other bands too!)
– Promoting DIY shows
– DIY punk communities
– Why we love punk rock (and how we first got into it)
– How music keeps Brett well
– Medical cannabis use and how it’s beneficial
– Some comments on the new cannabis legislation
– Which strains of cannabis we find most beneficial for managing our symptoms
Nothing Is Fair in Love and War by Dead and Divine
It All Comes Down to You by This! Is a Crisis
High Cholesterol by Keep Flying
A Message To You Rudy by The Specials
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST HERE!
Check out my interview with Evan Rose!
We chat about:
– Gunt‘s recent mini tour
– How Evan found and fell in love with music
– Using music as an outlet and how that contributes to being well
– The benefits of learning music
– Our mutual deep love of Propagandhi
– How Evan acquired a jam space turned punk show venue in the basement of a roti restaurant
– The challenge of dealing with jerks at shows as a promoter- and how they avoid having to deal with that at the Roti
– Evan’s advice for the folks in Northumberland County trying to revitalize the DIY music scene here
– The update on Gunt (new singer and new recordings!)
– How people can support their local music scene
Edraculation by Black Cat Attack
Without Love by Propagandhi
Dun Dun by Gunt
Suffer in Silence by Antixx
Thanks to Kristie Salter for the awesome photos and Rotilicious for providing the space!
July 13 LIVE on Northumberland 89.7 FM Small Town Radio!
LISTEN HERE for the podcast version.
Check out my chat with Backyard Riot about folk punk, problematic favs, working on their new EP, all-ages shows, DIY, and their show at the Downtown Port Hope bandshell!
Featuring their tunes, as well as tunes by Jason Nagy and FEELS FINE!!