Featuring the top 10 things I have learned from Nothing Exists and updates from two fan-favourite episodes!
10 Things I’ve Learned from One Year of Nothing Exists:
10. People rarely listen to what you say (the first time). They hear their own beliefs that they project on to what you say.
9. Everyone has their own weird speech pattern.
8. Everyone has a story, a reason, a perspective behind their reactions.
7. My perspective of myself in a conversation always changes when I listen back to it after.
6. Technology is HARD and it’s been a great practice in asking for help to be able to learn this skill.
5. There’s a lot of value in having a creative outlet while going through hard stuff.
4. The people who start off believing they have nothing interesting to say are usually the ones who give the best interviews.
3. People (especially men) are really intimidated by strong, intelligent women and pushback is part of the gig.
2. Everyone requires a different style of interviewing and everyone reacts differently to content throughout. Every human experience is 100% individual.
1. Sometimes, you just have to go where the story is.
The poem performed at Imaginate and the interview after was with: