Check out my interview with Smokii Sumac!
We talk about:
– His book, “You Are Enough: Love Poems for the End of the World”
– His work on his Ph.D in Indigenous Studies
– The way he uses social media
– Lots of reading recommendations!
Smokii’s Reading List (in the order discussed on this episode!)
1. Indigenous Voices Awards Finalists
2. “Letter to an Emerging Indigenous Writer” by Daniel Heath Justice (Cherokee)
3. My Body is a Book of Rules by Elissa Washuta (Cowlitz)
4. Anything and Everything by Richard Van Camp (Tłı̨chǫ) including his latest Moccasin Square Gardens
5. the Marrow Thieves Cherie Dimaline (Métis)
6. Indian Love Poems by Tenille Campbell (Dene/Métis)
True Trans Soul Rebel by Against Me!
Atmomsphere by Miesha and the Spanks
Night Cruise by The Lonely Parade
Loon Song by Tara Williamson