Check out my conversation with David Sheffield!
We talk about:
“Explore Asset-Based Community Development, a tool for connecting and resourcing those who desire to build healthy and vibrant communities. With 20 years of experience in community development, guest presenter, Jonathan Massimi, Community Centres Supervisor for the City of Kitchener, believes if properly guided people can become architects of their own future.
This free, participatory workshop is presented with the financial support of Northumberland United Way. Thanks to the congregation of Grace Church for sharing their space for this Community 101 presentation.”
- How David stays well in his line of work
- How David balances his growing family of adult children and grandkids with his community work
Crush Me by The Muffs
Ordinary Day by Great Big Sea
NDN Kars by A Tribe Called Red
Pimmel by The Muffs
Check out my conversation with Maggie Robbins!
Can’t wait to have a friend I love very much back on tonight to follow up on our conversation (about things like radical inclusivity and rape culture in gynaecology) from episode 46.
At 8pm on Northumberland 89.7 FM Small Town Radio tonight, tune in to join Maggie Robbins and I while we talk about:
– the response from our previous episode (we got stories!)
– an update on Maggie’s battle with cancer
– Trauma as a means of individual and community healing
– parenting through trauma
– leaving space for reaction
– balancing reaction and response
– cannabis as part of a wholistic wellness plan
Let’s Fall in Love by Tiny Stills
Baby I by Amy Millan
Done by Frazey Ford
Dancing in the Dark by The Ruth Moody Band
Check out my interview with Saskia and Dana of Northumberland Parents Empowering Parents!
We talk all about youth mental health and this new group for parents to talk about how to approach youth mental health from a parenting perspective. Part way through the interview, we’re also joined by Dana’s daughter, Kira, who shares some insight about being a teenager in Northumberland County right now- and she plays a song live, in studio!
Matt’s Song by The Soviettes
10 000 Miles by Clan Hannigan
Angela (Lumineers cover) by The Hannigan Sisters
Eyes Closed (Halsey cover) by Kira Gelineau
Check out my conversation with Kat Mokus!
We talk about:
- 2spirit and nonbinary gender identities
- Kat’s creative work, including their zines, through Disabled Femme
- The intersection between mental health and physical disability
- Why access to cannabis is important
- Gender-neutral pronouns
- Keyboard activism
- Kat’s new project, Accessible Resiliency
- Various types of therapy and our favourite coping strategiesFeatured Tunes:Corn Dog Sonnet No.7 by Sincere Engineer
Rotten Egg by Avem
Grow Up/Stay Young by The Anti-Queens
Realness by RuPaul
instagram: mx.kat, accessibleresiliency
Kat in Broken Pencil
Check out my interview with Gareth Vieira!
- Gareth’s favourite things about Port Hope (and what brought him here)
- All about Gareth’s writing
- The story behind Gareth’s book store
- About Dispatches From a Small Town
- His experiences with Port Hope Now
- His experiences with Short Order Poetry
- Living with Crohn’s Disease
- How writing keeps Gareth well
Skates by Hayden
Valentine by Fiona Apple
Samson by Regina Spektor
Sun in an Empty Room by The Weakerthans
Check out my interview with Alise Glover HERE!
We talk about:
- Her background in illustration
- Her business, Toes Beans Cat Cafe
- Alise’s thoughts on feminism and emotional labour
- Being a woman in business
- and more!
Hello by The Cat Empire
Geocities Kitty by Chixdiggit!
Plea From A Cat Named Virtue by The Weakerthans
Sissy That Walk by RuPaul